A concert of musical styles in transition, 1966 Jan 13
Scope and Contents
Audio recording of A concert of musical styles in transition. Recording includes: Introductory remarks by Imanuel Willheim; Quintet no. 4 in E flat, op 11, by Johann Christian Bach; Octet in E flat – Andante maestoso and Allegro moderato, by Sigismund Neukomm. Musicians include: Charles Cornish (French horn), Edward Rozie (double bass), Dennis Najoom (trumpet), Jan Kobialka (cello), Nancy Turetzky (flute), Barry Nudelman (bassoon), Peter Cokkinias (clarinet), Daniel Kobialka (violin), Linda Lawrence (viola), and Frederick Korman (oboe). Intermission. The Hartt Symphony Orchestra conducted by Moshe Paranov perform Concerto no. 8 in A minor, op.47, for violin and orchestra – Allegro molto, Adagio, and Allegro moderato, by Louise Spohr, featuring Jean Tai (violin); Concerto no. 2 in A flat for piano and orchestra – Allegro moderato, Poco adagio - molto espressivo, and Rondo - moderato innocente, by John Field featuring Clinton Adams (piano).
- Creation: 1966 Jan 13
- Willheim, Imanuel (Speaker, Person)
- Cornish, Charles (Performer, Person)
- Rozie, Edward (Performer, Person)
- Najoom, Dennis (Performer, Person)
- Kobialka, Jan (Performer, Person)
- Turetzky, Nancy (Performer, Person)
- Nudelman, Barry (Performer, Person)
- Cokkinias, Peter (Performer, Person)
- Kobialka, Daniel (Performer, Person)
- Lawrence, Linda (Performer, Person)
- Korman, Frederick (Performer, Person)
- Hartt Symphony Orchestra (Performer, Organization)
- Tai, Jean (Performer, Person)
- Adams, Clinton (Pianist) (Performer, Person)
- Paranov, Moshe, 1895-1994 (Conductor, Person)
- Bach, Johann Christian, 1735-1782 (Composer, Person)
- Neukomm, Sigismund, Ritter von, 1778-1858 (Composer, Person)
- Spohr, Louis, 1784-1859 (Composer, Person)
- Field, John, 1782-1837 (Composer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the digital copy of this item is not restricted by IP address.
2 Reels : 1/4 in. audio reel ; 10.5 inch
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
The program for this concert misprint the date as "January 13, 1965," but the concert was held on January 13, 1966.
The digitization of this recording was sponsored by Jean Tai in memory of Renato Bonacini.
Part of the University of Hartford Archives & Special Collections Repository
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford CT 06117 United States